Sunday, February 19, 2012

Keep on trying

You win some, you lose some, and you end up buying some. This last week I baked some gluten free scones which came out very tasty, but a bit higher in calories than I would like for the size of the scone, and I also made some gluten free banana bread muffins which were not at all what I'd hoped for. They looked fantastic in the pan, but ended up being very chewy and flavorless. They eventually ended up in the garbage.


Never one to pass up an opportunity, I found a gluten free bakery that was near out hotel in San Francisco this weekend and made a special trip out there to load up on goodies that were more than I wanted to attempt myself. I ended up with a crazy delicious cinnamon roll, a 2-pack of cinnamon raisin bagels, and a pack of buns.
I had a half of a bagel today with some fresh french-press coffee and it too was very tasty. I pulled out one bun for a hamburger tomorrow night and the rest I cut in half and froze for later. There was a lot of other tasty treats the bakery had, but really, how many packages of biscotti and cookies did my waistline really need?!

No comments: