Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flip card fever


My latest scrapbook project is a series of alphabetical flip cards. 26 things I love. Of course I was struggling to find appropriate items, or even any items, for Q, U and X. But with enough coffee fueled ambition, brilliant ideas are bound to come up. Hence "Queen Bed" for the letter Q. Not only do I love my feather bed, but I love our new comforter from IKEA. It's cream with embroidered flowers and buttons along the bottom. It's actually a duvet cover that we bought a summer weight comforter for to stuff it with.

I already had a bunch of usable photos for my flip book on the computer, but we took some extra ones I was missing this morning and just sent them to WalMart to have wallet size prints made. That should keep me busy for oh...about an hour.

We got up early this morning and went to the Farmers Market. There's a booth there that sells mixed bags of squash and zucchini for $2.00. It's a deal and they're delicious. We also got those long skinny eggplants and a whole gaggle of cucumbers. No zucchini bread for me this time. I have a boxed mix for lemon poppyseed muffins that I'm making this weekend instead.

My youngest sister, Wilson, and my mom came over last night for dinner. Chris and I took them to La Hacienda where we relentlessly grilled Wilson about her post college graduation plans reminding her not to lose sight of her childhood dream of being a papiermache artist and working at All the Best Video. She did not think it as funny as we did. Hmm...

1 comment:

Todd & Susan Smith said...

I love your new bedding. It is beautiful. I'm glad to know that you didn't waste all your hard earned over-time money on tacky bedding and useless scrapbooking junk.