Sunday, July 27, 2008

Muffins, Cricut and Nascar - Oh my!

There are two important things about Sundays; the store ads are in the newspaper and there is racing on. Today was no different. My coveted Michael's ad (the only reason we subscribe to theER) was there announcing the most fabulous Cricut cartridge sale ever, $40 each! I got over there literally 2 minutes after they opened at 10:00 am, busted through the crowd of four gawkers in the isle to snag two new cartridges; Stretch your imagination and Mickey font. Score!!!

After my ultimate find I decided to make my lemon poppyseed muffins before the temperature got up to a billion degrees and it was too hot to bake. Yes they're boxed, but they're delicious, organic and delightfully low-fat.


And then of course there's Nascar on today. While I wouldn't ordinarily choose to watch Nascar on my own, I've accepted that my husband likes to watch pretty much any form of racing and therefore I may as well embrace it or live a miserable existence. I have chosen Tony Stewart (#20) as my favorite Nascar driver. He is a pudgy, cantankerous blame layer and that's why I love him. He never accepts the blame if he crashes out or if he crashes into anyone. It's always somebody else who's an idiot. Yessss...you tell 'em Tony! So that's the big plan for today; Nascar. And maybe if the mood hits me, ironing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, I see...jumping on the ol' blogging bandwagon, huh?