Sunday, January 5, 2014

Starting the new year off right!

And by right, I mean with a raging head cold. "Somebody" who came over for Christmas, cough *mom* cough, brought her cooties as a Christmas gift to me. So, since last Thursday (day after Christmas) my life has been comprised of varying degrees of this;
I was sent home from work Thursday morning and stayed home Friday because I had no voice and had progressed to the uncontrollable coughing phase of my torment. Today has been my best day yet. The medicine is finally able to control my cough and I can actually talk again so I'll be heading back to the salt mines tomorrow.

Yesterday the boy and our neighbor, Doug, warmed up the chainsaws and went to town on our front yard.
Scraggly volunteer trees were removed and dead limbs trimmed. There's more work to be done, but he's pacing himself.

I've made sure to hit up Starbuck's everyday since the 1st for my free coffees;
Wednesday = Mocha
Thursday = Pumpkin Spice Latte
Friday = Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Saturday = Gingerbread Latte
Sunday = Pumpkin Spice Latte (my favorite)

And that's how you start the new year!

No comments: