Monday, September 22, 2014

Invading the southern territories

I just got back from spending a lovely weekend in SoCal crashing with my sister, Wilson. On Friday we spent some time at the mall so I could spend a ridiculous amount of money on costume jewelry before heading to the nearby arboretum to enjoy some fancy gardens.
After getting chased out by the peacocks (seriously, they ran us out of the herb garden) we moved on to Old Town Pasadena where we had to wade through the news crews, cops, and hundreds of people in line for the new iPhone 6. It's just a phone people!

Saturday we made our way to the Getty Museum which was amazing. Got my fix of Van Gogh and Renoir paintings as well as my yearly quota of stairs. So. Many. (*&#%. Stairs.
We spent the afternoon fitting in a quick visit to UCLA, including more !#*$ stairs, so Wilson could fix an alarm problem and then headed out to Santa Monica for some window shopping at the 3rd Street Promenade where I made Wilson smell every scented lotion I could find to slather myself in.
I think that was the moment "Susana go home now" started entering her mind. And the best part of the trip? Waking up to this face staring at me Sunday morning;
"Oh great, you're up! Now you can pet me!"

An overall excellent weekend filled with great shopping, great eats, and great company!

No comments: