Monday, November 3, 2008

Group Effort

Tonight we made a dinner from the latest Rachael Ray magazine. It was the cod and shrimp stoup with salt-and-vinegar mashed potatoes. Chris made the stoup and I made the mash potatoes. Ours didn't quite turn out looking like the fancy photo, but it tasted good. Especially considering how many onion are in it. Two sliced onions is a lot.
I did cheat a little and used instant mashed potatoes. Seriously, who wants to cook and mash real potatoes? The instant are supposed to be mixed with 2 cups of boiling water so I just adjusted the liquid so that it was 1 3/4 cup boiling water and the 1/4 cup white wine vinegar the recipe called for. They were actually pretty good with the vinegar.

I wouldn't recommend this recipe for 3 1/2 year olds. Much too many onions and fish.

Tomorrow night we're having dinner with the 'rents and watching the elections. I'll be stopping by the old people's home down the street on my way to work in the morning and voting. The Canadian isn't registered here so he can only stare and cringe as I vote opposite on all the propositions than he would. That'll learn him! I'm voting 'no' on anything concerning maple syrup.

No comments: