Saturday, November 22, 2008

Keepin' it Real

I wasn't sure I was going to make it through a whole week of work without any holidays or conferences, but I did it!! We didn't do anything during the week, I had bible study Thursday night, but that's about it.

Mum and I went and saw The Secret Life of Bees yesterday. We both had read the book and really enjoyed the movie. We only cried like five times, so that's not too bad, right?

Since I was busy watching movies yesterday I didn't get my grocery shopping done so Chris and I went to CholoMaxx this morning after breakfast. We also stopped at Cash & Carry for some more sugar free coffee syrups. Holy Cow! I had never bought syrups there before. There is an entire wall full of every flavor and brand you can think of. I've never seen so many sugar free flavors in my life. And the best part is that they're so cheap there.

When we got back Chris got stuck doing some yard work. The trees have been dropping leaves like crazy and we needed to get them raked up before the ground got all moldy and yucky underneath.

We signed up for another free trial of Netflix over the next two weeks so that's how we plan on spending our weekend. Yesterday we got Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2, Charlie Wilson's War and Baby Mama. Movie watching shall commence right after we finish our lunch.

Tomorrow is the downtown Christmas preview. We're going to grab Mum and drag her with us. Maybe go have some dinner downtown while we're there. Not that there's much to preview since I've already purchased 90% of my Christmas gifts. Ahhh, the prospects of a stress free holiday!

No comments: