Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chilly day chili

Brrrrr.....this weekend has been cold! By the end of the week we had temps in the low 50s and rain which has continued on throughout the weekend. And while today should be the last day of rain, this coming week still looks cold with highs in the low 60s which translates into 50s for P-town. And what better meal to enjoy on a cold, wet weekend than chili?
The Canadian makes a really tasty chili which is as simple as hamburger, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, and chili seasoning. Unfortunately, since beans are darn near impossible for me to digest because of the gastroparesis, we hardly ever have it. But I drugged myself up on tummy pills and enjoyed a steaming bowlful last night with a side of gluten-free cornbread (an awesome Bob's Red Mill cornbread mix). It was so stinkin' good and I only woke up with a mild stomach ache which was well worth it. I think with a little tweaking, like swapping out the hamburger for soy crumbles, this would make a perfect bible study dinner.

I've enjoyed my weekend which involved doing nothing more than sitting on the couch under a blanket watching tv and surfing the internet. Work has been so incredibly stressful the last couple of weeks that I look forward to absolutely lazy weekends. I'm still spending my work days covering the building dept permit counter until they can hire somebody, which according to the last up date will be about a 4 month process. At least they're advertising the job right now and applications are being accepted through this coming Wednesday. Then we can start moving on to the horrendous task of interviews and background checks. Ugh, I hate that part. Just hurry up and send me somebody awesome that I can start training! (Wilson, you want to come back home and work with me......please??)

2 comments:

Anni said...

And finally, my high school job shadow will be put to good use!

Susana & Chris said...

That's exactly what I was thinking!