Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for tissue

I am battling my 5th day of a progressively worsening head cold. What started off as a horrible sore throat, to the point I thought I had strep again, has turned into full blown scurvy. I've got a head full of snot, blown my way through three boxes of kleenex, and have been on a steady diet of dayquil and nyquil. Thank you to co-workers who come into work sick, share their cooties, and then leave me stuck in a situation where I'm already covering for two other people who are out and can't call in sick. Awesome.

As it just so happened, we weren't having anybody over for turkey day today, so I was free to continue to wallow in my misery while Chris baked up some Thanksgiving ham. For sides we made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and gluten-free cornbread.
Dessert was pumpkin fluff which a new Weight Watchers recipe I learned. It's a 15 oz can of pumpkin mixed with a small box of sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix and a small box of sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix (or vanilla), 1 3/4 cup of mix, and pumpkin pie spice. You blend it all together and let it sit overnight and it turns out to be the most wonderful, low-fat pumpkin pie filling ever. We eat it scooped in a bowl with some crumbled gluten-free gingersnaps on top and whipped cream.

Now to let all that yummy food digest through three back-to-back football games. What more could you ask for?

No comments: