Friday, March 30, 2012

I've got sticky buns!

While killing time this evening waiting to go grocery shopping I found a recipe online from the company I buy my gluten free flour from for sticky buns. And since I had everything I needed on hand to make them I decided to give it a try. First was a plain dough of flour, baking soda, baking powder and powdered milk that was then mixed with yogurt, eggs, apple cider vinegar, and a packet of yeast. I turned the dough out on a floured mat and shaped it into a rectangle shape before covering it with a buttery, cinnamon sugar filling.
Then I cut the dough in half and rolled each half up before cutting into individual slices.
I had already prepped a cake pan with melted butter mixed with chopped pecans, maple syrup and brown sugar for each of the pastry slices to be placed on.
Then I let the whole contraption raise in a warmed oven for 25 minutes.
After proofing, I stuck the buns in the oven for another 25 minutes at 375. After cooling for about 5 minutes I turned the pan out onto a plate and reveled in it's glory.
And of course that's right when we needed to leave for the store so it would just have to wait. When we got back about an hour and half later (after a detour to B&N) I served us each up a slice with a scoop of ice cream.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Or sticky bun dinner. We're not even remotely pecan fans, but these were really tasty and you wouldn't even know they're gluten free. I know what we're eating for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments: