Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A stripe fetish

Day two of my imposed sick leave left me bored and itching for action. Shopping action that is. So I packed up my coupons and drove across town to my biggest weaknesses - Kohl's and Target. After picking up a little bit of this and a whole lot of that, I got home and surveyed my loot;

Stripes, stripes and more stripes! I didn't even realize that's all I bought until I got home. It helps balance out all of the polka dot clothes I bought last month at the Roseville Galleria.

Since I can't do "strenuous exercise" for at least 2 weeks I've been reduced to taking walks around the block a couple times a day to make the hours pass. I take a 30 minute jaunt in the morning and another one in the afternoon and one last one in the evening with the old man. Other than walking, I spend ridiculous amounts of time watching Food Network and surfing online during the day. I should be doing church reports, but I can think of a bagillion other things I'd rather be doing, like not doing them. I did get the 2012 files finally put together today though, which was a huge accomplishment. Now to box up 2011 and take them back to the church for filing in storage. It almost feels like progress - something I try to avoid at all costs.

2 comments:

kath said...

I see you took my advice to heart! Nothing like a little shopping therapy to keep things interesting!

Lisa Dovichi said...

You must've been having flashbacks of the shadows cast by the bars of your prison cell against your clothes, right? I'm surprised there wasn't anything orange in that pile.