Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gifts for me

When I got home from work today I found my new stylish Nook tablet cover had arrived in the mail.


Now I don't have to carry it around in my oversized netbook sleeve. And, because my Nook came with a $30 gift card, it was practically free.

Tonight was bunko in Chico and I annihilated my fellow blue-hairs and won "most wins" with 15 out of 18 games. Coincidence that I was always the scorekeeper...???
A beautiful crystal bowl that my fancy bible study salads will look glorious in. Or I may just keep it filled with a Costco-sized bag of M&Ms. I haven't decided yet.

Today was my first trip out to our biggest active job site in town. I had to go out so that I could locate and count trees that were still waiting to be felled for site improvements.
It's the new CHIP housing project (low-income) that is back behind the bowling alley on lower Clark Rd. You drive down the access road between the bowling alley and the motel and it leads you back to the site. 32 housing units within 11 apartment buildings. I'm sure that as soon as they're completed they'll fill up immediately. There's always a need for low income housing up the hill.

The Canadian got back today from his coast trip for work (he's been gone since Tuesday morning). And all before I had a chance to throw any raging parties or watch a marathon of chick-flicks. What a waste of a perfectly good opportunity!

2 comments:

Anni said...

Is your Nook cover the facebook poke icon? How hip of you!

Susana & Chris said...

Heeeey, I didn't even think of that! Look at me, I'm so hip and I'm not even trying.