Friday, September 26, 2008

Last Race of the Season

Today we played hooky from work for Chris's last race day of the season out at Thunderhill in Willows. We had to get up at the ass crack of dawn (5:20) so that we could be rolling out here by 6:00 a.m. It was Customer Appreciation Day so rates were cheaper causing every race group to be full. It also meant that we didn't get our complimentary coffee and danishes this morning or a free lunch ticket. I was outraged and coffeeless!! Anyway, Chris turned in his best times for the season and clinched the championship for his race class in time trials and the race group. GT4 Champions! You know where you can send the gifts...

Don't mind the chain link fence in the photo. I apparently have gotten lazy with my bad photography skills by the end of the season.

As you can see, the 'rents were there too. They just got back into town yesterday specifically so they could make the race today. Mr. A. even made sure to wear his Thunderhill t-shirt (and ended up buying a matching hat while there too). No comment.

The temps weren't too bad, but looking at myself when we got home I apparently got a little sun on my chest and arms. Perfect, end summer with a nice farmers tan.

We have plans to meet the rents for dinner tomorrow at their abode. BBQ, I think. Right now Chris is trying not to fall asleep on the couch and I'm trying to come up with an insiring grocery list. We're both failing miserably.

Ok, I have to go now, captain bossy pants wants some cheese, crackers and olives. Men!

No comments: