Sunday, September 21, 2008

Scrapbookin' Mama

I have discovered the magic of the crop room at the scrapbook store. As part of my crop membership I can use the crop room anytime for free during the regular business hours as long as there's not a class going on. So last Sunday and today I spent the afternoon over there getting busy on some projects. I'm making a calendar for a co-worker's birthday so I spent last weekend getting it started (and actually got it about 70% done there) and today I worked on some pages for my albums. The biggest benefit of scrapping there is that I can use the QuicKutz for free. The owner has just about every die set and all the alphabets. It's fabulous, and now not all my pages have the same fonts. I finished a page about our garden we planted, one of the farmer's market and one of my disco karaoke, but I only took photos of one so far;
Of course I can't bring everything with me when I go to the scrapbook store so as expected I think of stuff I wish I had and am not able to completely put the pages together there, but I get more of the embellishments and papers cut.

For dinner tonight I made a shepherd's pie out of my Gooseberry Patch Comfort Foods cookbook. It was soooo good (and easy). Chris laid around on the couch rubbing his Buddha belly when he was done because it was so full of delicious mash potatoes, veggies and beef.
Yes, that is yummy greasy cheese melted all over smooth, hot mash potatoes. Sorry Wilson, I should have added this one to your cookbook.

Right now we're just watching football. Green Bay vs. Dallas. I cheer for Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers (our Chico quarterback). Chris cheers for whoever will give him the most fanasty football points. No loyalty.

The 'rents are coming back on Thursday for their next multi-week stay. I guess I should get over there some time and return Mum's magazines I stole to read. Oops. They wanted to come back in time for Chris's last race which is Friday. I have the day off since I'm the crew chief. Mr. A.'s going to come over Thursday night and help Chris load the car since I'll be off praising Jesus at bible study. Chris has even somehow scored dinner at the 'rents out of the whole gig.

No movies to report on this weekend. We haven't been in two weeks. It's embarrassing. The last thing we saw was Tropic Thunder (which was hilarious). We want to see Burn After Reading (Brad Pitt and George Clooney) and Pineapple Express. We've both just been busy tinkering and haven't had a chance to go.

Don't forget....Dancing with the Stars starts tomorrow night!!

No comments: