Sunday, September 28, 2008

Super Saturday

Yesterday morning Mum and I went to the farmer's market together. I've been having to go by myself for the last couple of weeks because the novelty has worn off for Chris and it would require that he wake up a little earlier than he's ready to on a Saturday. Cranky Chris is not a happy shopping Chris. Anyway, when we had dinner with the 'rents on Friday (Chowder House) I made plans with my real shopping buddy, Mum. She puts my shopping to shame. It was nice weather Saturday morning (not too cold) and we took her convertible Miata over there. Instead of my usually cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, I got mung bean sprouts (for Chris), nectarines, plums, fresh eggs, jicama and an eggplant. Mum got stuff, stuff and way more stuff...

That's her in the turquoise shirt. She's a much better cook than I, so she knows what to do with the weird stuff at the market like leeks, bok choy and ugly bumpy cucumber things.

I had my eye on the pottery booth. They had a couple beautiful mugs, but they were $18. I told Mum that I wanted to buy my produce first and then if I had enough left I would come back for one, but alas I did not.

Last night we went over to the 'rents for a bbq. During my outing with Mum earlier in the day we stopped at S&S and got some marinated country style ribs to bbq. The marinade smelled delicious. Anyway Chris bbq'd the ribs, sliced japanese eggplant and those bullet style onions. We brought a tomato and mozzarella balls salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Mum also made toasted asiago cheese bread and baked beans. It was sooo good and I ate toooo much and had a rough night. Chris even lucked out with some leftovers.

No big plans for today. Chris is watching a car race he taped early this morning and I'm looking at ads. At 10:00 I'm heading over to Mervyn's and taking a look at the boots on sale. There's some cute ones in the ad, but I have monster size calves, so we'll see. Gottschalks is also having a good shoe sale with lots of cute heels. So many shoes, so little time.

Uh oh, Chris's recording cut off right before the last lap finished and now he wants the computer to look up the race results. What a pisser.

No comments: