Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cameras + Me = Bad Mojo

Long story short, I dropped the camera on the bathroom floor at the racetrack today and rattled it up enough that the zoom toggle is stuck on 10x, the picture button won't depress and apparently the menu buttons on the back won't work so I can't get the photos off of it. Hahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Ok, it's really not that funny. At least I can use Chris' ginormous paparazzi camera in the mean time, but now I have to take my camera in somewhere (assuming A. Chris can't fix it, and B. there's somewhere to take it to local).

It was just that kind of day today. First off we had to be out of here at 6:00 am to get to the track for tech on time. Then during Chris' first session out, his engine stopped working and after he got towed back to the pits we saw that he was spewing oil, too. He managed to piece together a couple of things before his race qualifying session so he could go back out, but the car was just fighting him today. He did win his class in the race, granted we were the only one's in our class, but a win is a win, right? He was racing with old nascar cars. They're loud, in case you're wondering. It's a double header weekend so we go back out tomorrow for the same fun and games.

For dinner tonight I'm trying a new crock-pot recipe that's one of the recipes a co-worker gave me for the cookbook I'm putting together for a gal at work who's getting married in the fall. It's a beef and barley soup. It was easy and quick. We'll see how it tastes...

No comments: