Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Can you believe it, we've already been married 20 years!! Wait, I meant two years, it's only felt like twenty. Hehehehe.....

Tuesday was our second anniversary which was excuse enough to cut out of work early. We went to the 4:10 showing of The Wrestler in Chico, then dinner at Johnnie's (downstairs from the Hotel Diamond). The Wrestler was really good, but it's not a happy, feel good movie. Dinner was absolutely fantastic. Just as good as the Portland City Grill which I thought was the best food I'd ever had. I had salmon over garlic mashed potatoes covered in a pesto cream sauce with a side of spinach. I also ordered a champagne pear salad. It had spring mix lettuce, slices of pear, mandarin oranges, glazed walnuts and crumbled blue cheese with a citrus viniagrette. So tasty. Chris had a pork tenderloin covered in sauted pepper slices over garlic mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus.



After dinner we came home and enjoyed our lemon cake from The Upper Crust. Real cake from a real bakery is so much better than homemade. That's probably one of the things I miss the most from catering. We always got bites of the wedding cakes from Upper Crust and Mim's Bakery.

The rest of the week was pretty calm. Thursday night was bible study up in P-town and I took today off from work. I needed to go pick up our pre-race packets for tomorrow's 5k run and get our grocery shopping done and I just thought it'd be easier to start my errands in the morning instead of when I get into Chico at 1:00 pm. When I got to Fleet Feet to pick up our race packets there was already a line out to the door. Ugh. But it moved fast and I got there early enough that there were still tshirts available for us too (we were late registrants).
I got a gold envelope in my race packet that said I was golden envelope winner #2 and to turn the envelope in for a prize tomorrow. Go me! The packets also have electronic timing chips in them that we have to zip tie to our shoelaces tomorrow. That's how they time us. My co-worker Denise is running with us on this death march as is Chris' friend Justin. All we're really looking forward to is going to breakfast and pigging out afterwards. We're such wimps.

No comments: