Friday, March 27, 2009

Planting Time

Being the seasoned farmers that we are, we took advantage of the recent good weather to get our summer vegetable garden together. And by 'we' I mean Chris while I sat and supervised. Chris came home from work yesterday with an array of veggie delights:




Chris moved our garden bed a little closer to the fence this year (or at least it looks that way to me) and brought home some extra riser material from work (fiberglass access rings for septic tanks) to plant in too. After a little magic and fairy dust here was the end result:


The tall riser in the back with the lid is our new compost pile. At the Green Summit in Sacramento I got a free under sink compost bucket which inspired Chris to dedicate a spot in the yard for the scraps. You know what else we planted that I just realized I didn't take a photo of? Japanese eggplant (the long skinny ones). That's in the middle riser. I just remembered looking at the plant tag in the riser when I took the photo. Some of the starters came in six packs, but we didn't plant them all. I think Chris is going to offer up the leftovers to Mum when they get back from North Carolina.

Wilson and I had lunch today at T Bar in Chico. I enlightened her to a new delicious place to take her friends next time she's in town. Besides fabulous food they have yummy frozen tea concoctions.

In other breaking news; look at the milestone my car, Tango just hit today:


As soon as I backed up, out of the driveway, it hit 20,000. Sniff, sniff....he's no longer a shiny new baby.

Tuesday night we went to the movies and saw 'I Love You, Man'. It was funny. Not as funny as Knocked Up or Pineapple Express, but still good. We want to see Duplicity, too (with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts). Maybe this weekend since we have no big plans except to sleep in.

So it's only March and my Project 365 is already getting behind. That's the scrapbook project where I take a photo everyday. I'm taking the photos, but I'm not being consistent about printing them and getting them in the album. I think I'm three weeks behind, with two of those weeks still sitting at Walmart waiting to be picked up. My goal this weekend, besides cleaning up this pig sty, is to get that stuff caught up. And world peace.

And lastly, my nail lady had my Partylite candle order for me today. I'd ordered three mini jar candles in two different scents; teakwood & cardamon and tamboti safari. They're both musky with patchouli for the damn dirty hippie hidden inside of me. Mmmm.....patchouli. The Partylite order I placed at my coworkers' party had a frosted glass lampshade that fits over these jars so I hope that order comes in soon, too.

No comments: