Saturday, March 14, 2009

Social Butterfly

Phew, what a week! Lots of activity, but in a good way. It got our minds off the fact that our bodies were broken and devastated from the short little jaunt last weekend. Each day following the race some other part of our body would ache. Babies!

Monday night we went to the cheapskate night ($3/ticket) at the Pageant Theater to see Frost/Nixon. Luckily we got there early per the suggestion of a Pageant regular because a lot of the college kids have to watch it for class. It was really good. I haven't been to the Pageant for so long I forgot that they do intermission no matter how long the movie is. I don't think they've done any updating to the inside since last I was there though. Old movie posters, and the mural of Godzilla stomping through the city on one of the walls.

Tuesday was bunko up in the boonies by my old house. I stopped at Pelican's Roost before hand and had a delicious cup of chowder and half a round of sourdough. Really, I just order the chowder to get the sourdough. It's so fabulous and warm. Of course they had lots of food and snacks at bunko, but I resisted.

The 'rents ran up to Medford for a couple of days in the middle of the week so we were on Izzy duty. Feeding and visiting. Chris went over Tuesday and Thursday night by himself, but I joined him Wednesday night. Izzy showed her appreciation by rubbing all over the front of my black zip up sweater turning it into a mohair sweater.

Thursday night was bible study here. I made jambalaya, garlic bread and recreated the salad I had at Johnnie's for our anniversary. It had sliced pears, mandarin oranges, blue cheese crumbles, glazed walnuts and balsamic dressing. They loved it. For dessert I served shortcakes with vanilla ice cream and strawberries.

Friday was a long day in p-town. After work, I had my nails, then I had to go back to work for a late afternoon meeting about Constuction and Demolition Recylcing. I know, exciting. Afterwards I went to a co-workers house for a partylite candle party. I bought a frosted looking lampshade to go over some little jar candles I'd ordered from my nail lady a couple weeks ago. I also got some bayberry tealights and a 24 tealight set of 6 difference scents that was the March special for $10. That's a great deal considering the regular box of a dozen tealights is $9.50.

Since I was up in town so long yesterday I wasn't able to do my grocery shopping so that was the first thing I did this morning after I fed the beast, I mean Chris. While I'm blogging, he's out in the garage trying to finish up with Mr. A. because he is starving for lunch.

Alright, apparently the laundry is not going to put itself in the dryer so I should go tend to that. Unless somebody else wants to take over??....

1 comment:

Chris said...

where is my juice, B??