Sunday, September 25, 2011

Caramel corn

Today was my first attempt at making caramel corn for my Sunday baking extravaganza. I found a delicious recipe that incorporated crushed pretzels and Reese's Pieces with the popcorn and called for the popcorn to be pressed into a 9x13 and cut up into bars.
I didn't measure the popcorn because each bag said it made about 4 cups so I popped all three bags in the box, but I think I ended up with more than 12 cups because not only did the mixture fill a 9x13, but also an 8x8. Unlike other caramels I've made, this recipe called for the addition of mini marshmallows to it which I think will help hold the bars together better once the mixture sets. I've got the 8x8 in the fridge right now to set quicker so that the boy and I can do some quality control before taking the rest to work!

No comments: