Friday, October 7, 2011

Good eats

The Canadian and I tried some new recipes this week with great success. First we started with some homemade turkey meatloaf from a Weight Watchers recipe. I've actually made this before and liked it so much I kept the recipe stuck to the fridge for the last 8 months.
For my work treats I made mini zucchini muffins. They were less than fabulous though so they never made it to work.
They weren't sweet enough and had whole wheat flour in the batter which is never my favorite. I should have known better. The boy liked them though, so it wasn't a total loss. With the dipping temperatures we even dug out the crockpot for some spicy chicken and rice.
The recipe was out of my Healthy Cooking magazine and, as suggested, we ate the chicken and rice in tortillas sprinkled with cheese. Good right out of the crockpot, but even better after a day or two in the fridge. Tonight we had a delicious tuna and artichoke pasta.
Corn pasta (I only eat corn and rice pastas now), canned tuna in olive oil, cherry tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, black olives, and pine nuts mixed with a sauce of the artichoke marinade heated with garlic, basil and oregano. It called for a splash of balsamic, which I added, but I wish I hadn't because it made it too sweet, but I still loved it and would make it again in a heartbeat. We've got some more new stuff scheduled to try this weekend and I hope our good luck continues.

No comments: