Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mecca

This weekend we made our annual trip to Mecca, otherwise known as the Roseville Galleria. The Canadian was quite the sport and walked with me from one end of the mall to other and even across the street to The Fountain shopping center so I could do even more damage. In exchange, I directed him to lunch at The Yard House which my co-worker had suggested because it had more beer taps then she'd ever seen in her life. He was in beer heaven and settled on a six-piece Belgian sampler to wash down his Korean pulled pork and blackened swordfish tacos. 
I had a bbq chicken salad piled high with fried onion rings, ah-mazing! By the end of the day, we both found some pretty good loot. I ended up with four skirts, three tops, one dress, and a fancy-pants necklace (courtesy of the boy) from White House Black Market. All in a day's work! 

And in the spirit of new things, when we got home I had another treat waiting for me at the front door - my Pampered Chef order from a fundraiser earlier in the week. 
I love all of my Pampered Chef cookbooks so I was especially excited to see their new gluten free one. And after looking at it I love it even more because it just uses Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free flour, which you can buy anywhere, instead of a complex mix of different rice and potato flours. I also bought another cookie cooling rack after my Christmas cookie debacle where I was trying to bake and cool tens-of-thousands of cookies using one, single cooling rack. 

And just because it made me laugh out loud, here's my Onion desk calendar page from earlier in the week;
Can I get an "Amen"?!

No comments: