Saturday, April 6, 2013

Taking care of business

Chris was gone yesterday and today in the Petaluma area for work so I decided to use my time alone productively and get some long overdue filing done. I plopped myself down on the couch, put on my DVR'd movie "My Week with Marilyn", and got busy filing four months worth of church bills.
Now the 2012 records are boxed and ready for storage, new 2013 files have been made, and all paid bills have been filed. I don't know why I hate making new files at the beginning of the year so much, I just do. But, in a very slow effort, I'm trying to get things boxed and taken back to the church so that I can start cleaning up the rest of my craft room for Chris to use as his office. Baby steps.

After I was done filing I spent a little time in the kitchen trying out a new grain-free recipe for lemon blueberry muffins (using coconut flour).
I only made a half batch since I wasn't sure how they'd be, but they turned out wonderful. Other than I forgot to make sure I had muffin liners (which I didn't) so I had to butter the tin and the bottoms still slightly stuck.

My other treat of the weekend was a new laptop computer. It arrived in the mail yesterday so I texted Chris to let him know his computer showed up, which I assumed to be another work computer, and he answered back that it was mine! It's so big and luxurious compared to my notebook and everything opens so quickly. I love it! It does run Windows 8 though, so it's taking a little time to get used to, but so far I really like it.

No comments: