Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All done babysitting

The 'rents are back! No more babysitting. We went over last night and had a last chance love fest with Izzy.
We also stopped by California Pasta Productions and bought them a family meal pack for their return since it's not like they'd have a bunch of groceries awaiting them. We also left them a note about all the naughty things Izzy was up to in their absence. All night kitty keggers and catnip parties.

Other big news? I got my hair cut. Actually I just had my wanna be mullet cut off. The back was getting too long and was taking the attention away from my mustache so I called Colleen and she got me in that same day.
I tried another new recipe earlier this week. Homemade peanut butter cups. A mix of cool whip and peanut butter scooped into muffin cups and topped with sugar free chocolate syrup and then frozen. Cool whip doesn't freeze completely so you can't actually peel them out of the paper wrappers and hold them, but they were still delicious none the less.
Next time I think I'm going to line the cups first with chocolate because that seems to harden up well, freeze them and then scoop in the filling. Then maybe you could pop them out of the wrappers.

Speaking of food, Chris finally popped open his jar of homemade kimchee from his old co-worker in Oregon that was at the Sacramento conference with Chris. It looks hideous, but doesn't really smell. Until it comes out the other end....
I steer clear of any kimchee that isn't the sweet stuff from Asian Gardens.

Oh, other news; I got a new camera! It's the top rated camera for it's class last year and it happened to be on sale this week at Home Depot. It's a Canon PowerShot A1000. It's smaller than my Panasonic (like Jessica's), but not the super compact kind. I made a promise I wouldn't drop this one on the ground. You can't trust me with anything!

No comments: