Friday, April 17, 2009

Landscaping and Laundry

One word that sums up this week? Landscaping. Oye! The boys (Chris and Justin) have been working on the front yard all week long. Cutting, digging, talking, drinking beer, more digging.

Monday: While I cooked dinner the boys started leveling out the patio area 4-6" below the existing walkway.
Let me rephrase that, Chris watched while Justin started leveling out the patio.

Tuesday: Bunko night way up in the boone's of Magalia. But to reward my efforts I did win "most losses" which got me a pretty stained glass hangy thing that I put up at my desk at work.

Wednesday: More yard work. I guess Justin had come over Tuesday, too, but they only got as far as to have some beer.
This time the boys broke out power tools to break up the soil and that made it go much faster. By the end of the evening the area was all excavated.

Thursday: I had to work late (8:00 pm) for another Emergency Operation Center volunteer presentation. While I was at work Chris was at home digging post holes in the excavated area. He had two done by the time I got home.

Today I got to stay home because I worked so late last night and I have to go to a forum tomorrow on behalf of the town regarding compliance with a state assembly bill that deals with greenhouse gasses. I actually got up at a decent hour this morning and got all my grocery shopping done by 11:00 am which was fabulous because all the stores were empty. Thank you, Jesus! I'm making taco salads tonight with some leftover chicken that I'm going to shred and heat up with some taco seasoning. We have teflon taco salad molds to bake the tortillas in which I like because they're not fried. I also picked up some marinated country style ribs at S&S for Chris to BBQ tomorrow and we're going to make another corned beef and cabbage on Sunday (baked a la Jessica).

Alright, time to move the laundry into the dryer and start another load. How do two people generate so much laundry?? Wait, Chris wears the same pair of pants and button-up all week so I guess it's me. Ugh.

No comments: