Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tennis for Two

We had a wild hair today to dig out and dust off our tennis rackets and go for a jaunty game of tennis at the Pleasant Valley High courts. We actually had a couple of good rallies, but that was followed up by mile high lobs and me yelling "sorry" a lot. Rusty skills + new balls = good times.


Yesterday we relaxed, went to Barnes & Noble's and got Chris' fro cut.
Chris would only let me take a photo if I turned off the flash so that nobody saw me. He didn't want to be embarrassed by his wife taking pictures of him being a big boy.

For dinner that night I picked up some cajun catfish from S&S Produce for Chris to bbq. It's our absolute favorite fish from there. The marinade is to die for and Chris gives the fish a fabulous crispy coating on the bbq. Since the fish is a little spicy we serve it on a bed of herb and butter rice a roni.

I took Friday off from work since I have a ridiculous amount of vacation time and I didn't have to be up in town for nails. Instead, I stayed home and slept. And I managed to get some grocery shopping in too. The 'rents called and invited us over for some evening wine after dinner. Since I don't drink white or red wine (I prefer rose) I brought a mug of coffee with me, but Chris is no stranger to the red. We drank and caught up with them about their trip to North Carolina. They brought a t-shirt back for Chris and Mum got me a handmade lapel pin that is a woven flower basket with sewn flowers.

Mr. A. is heading up to Oregon for a week so Mum has already made plans to have us over for Easter lunch/dinner with her next Sunday. I think Chris is going to spend Thursday night with her, too, since bible study is here this week and I expect a full house, which is 6 too many for Chris' liking. My bible study group has decided to go to Spirit West Coast this summer in Monterey at Laguna Seca. It's a big Christian woodstock with a bagillion bands. We all bought our tickets last week while they were still at the cheaper $98 rate. It's a three day concert so that's a pretty good price. We're going to rent a house there, too, so that should be fun.

Oye! It's gym time already! Gotta run. Figuratively and literally!

No comments: