Sunday, April 12, 2009

Some-bunny Got Ham Today...

No Easter egg hunts around here, but we still kept busy with lots of stuff. I got up this morning and went to first service at church. Much to my surprise it wasn't super packed like most holiday services are and we didn't sing any hymns. It was practically perfect in every way.
We went to Lowe's this afternoon and bought all the fixin's for the fence. $600 worth. Oye! Even though the panels are vinyl they really do look nice.
Gee, do you think this picture was posed? Boys!
Chris measured and marked where all the post are going to go. Now he and our friend Justin are going to dig the post holes this week after work.
We had a dinner date at Mum's at 5:00 for some ham extraordinaire. She made ham, homemade mashed potatoes (maybe she didn't know they make those boxed now), asparagus (ha ha Jessica) and fruit salad.
For dessert we had some lemon cake from a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Of course we made out with bags of leftovers and we each got to take a colored hard boiled egg. Not too bad for no effort on our part.

So, yesterday I was talking about my chimichanga experiment. You'll be happy to know they came out really tasty. The roast made about seven chimichangas so we each ate one last night, I put two in the fridge for lunch today and I froze the last three.
I also got a little scrapbooking in this weekend. I have a co-worker who's birthday is this coming Tuesday so I needed to make a card to go with her gift. I borrowed the cover from a design I found online, but the construction of the inside was my pure genius!

Check that out! I made the extra length a folded back flap that holds the gift card with the help of some stellar sewing along the edges. And by stellar I mean that it looks like a blind person sewed it. Whatever, nobody will notice because they'll be so impressed with the awesomeness of the design.

Biggest news of the day? Chris turned the annoyed shutter sound off on my camera so now I can be super sneaky picture taker. Watch out because you'll never know if you're about to be in my blog!

1 comment:

Anni said...

This makes me excited for my grand comeback once I've gotten my computer back. It will be epic, to make up for my month of silence.

Curse you, Geek Squad!!!