Saturday, August 15, 2009

Construction Zone

After days of deliberation Chris decided that he wanted to install a whole house fan. While I prepared a delicious breakfast spread this morning Chris ran to Home Depot and Lowe's to check out the selections and came back with a nice small unit to install in the hall ceiling. First he had to crawl in the ceiling to check out the mounting situation.
Once he figured out where it was going Chris had to cut a section out of the ceiling.
From there he just dropped the fan in the hole and pounded it into place.
The fan comes with a remote control so Chris didn't have to wire it to a switch.
We turned it on for a test drive, and while it sucks up air like a demon, it is a tick on the loud side. Ideally, I'll be turning it on in the morning from the time I get up at 5:30 until Chris leaves at 7:30. That way the house gets as cool as possible before we shut it up for the day. We'll see how much it helps!

Mum and I went and saw Julie & Julia today. We'd both read the book, so of course we had to see the movie. It was cute. Meryl Streep stole the show as Julia Child. Then when I got home I found this in the mail:
I don't know why the picture insists on merging in sideways. Grrr....Anyways, they're my tickets to the Chieftans concert at Chico State in February. We got front row balcony. I'm excited, I love the Chieftans.

Wilson's in town this weekend for any chance of a family birthday celebration, so we're having everyone over for lunch tomorrow (pasta from California Pasta Productions) and cake from The Upper Crust. Cake's in the fridge, I've just got to run over tonight and pick up the pasta (and bread and salad that comes with it).

Alright, back to my movie 'How to Steal a Million' with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole from 1966. I can't believe I've never heard of it or seen it, but so far so good.

No comments: