Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dinner Party

Step by step I'm trying to finish up the wedding gift cookbook. I have a drop dead date of September 23rd. The book is done, other than I need to make a cover for it and I need to print off the recipes. I'm going to print the recipes on 8 1/2 x 11 formatted so that I can cut it and adhere it to recipe card size cards. A special treat I got from a co-worker was a cookbook holder she found at Ross. It holds the cookbook perfectly!
Isn't it cute?

Mr. A's in Oregon this week so we had Mum over tonight for dinner. We were already having pot stickers and egg rolls so we just made her suffer along with us. Nothing fancy, but we did entice her with promises of some of Wilson's leftover birthday cake. Ha, Wilson!

Chomp, chomp, chomp. I had to eat lots of cake because I gave blood today out our Town of Paradise employee blood drive. They made me get on a scale to prove I weighed more than 110 pounds! Comedy, but I got a Baskin Robbin coupon for my efforts. My blood dropped like a rock this time. It must be the VitaMuffins I eat everyday that have 50% of my daily iron requirements. Thank you, delicious chocolate muffins full of vitamins!

Since I can't work out tonight (don't want to pass out), I'm waiting for the temperature to drop below 86 degrees so that we can go for an evening walk. It's 88.2 degrees and counting...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes, that is a cute cookbook holder! I want one! And don't get me started on the Baskin Robbins coupon. The Red Cross doesn't do that. The Red Cross is also too sophisticated for the cup of blue liquid. They prick your finger and use an electronic machine to measure the iron levels. Mine was a 14 last time. I think 12 is the lower limit.

Susana & Chris said...

Red Cross?? Screw the Red Cross! You need to find somebody that will give you wicked awesome treats for your blood like ice cream, movie tickets and pizza!