Sunday, August 2, 2009

Girls Weekend

I'm back from my girls weekend with my b.s. group in Monterrey. We rented a house in Carmel Valley and spent our evening at Laguna Seca racetrack in Monterrey watching Spirit West Coast (largest west coast Christian concert).

We left Thursday morning for our 5 hour drive to the rental house. It was a three story 3 bd/2 bath house for four of us. Here's a visual tour: (the living room on the 1st floor)
The dining room and kitchen on the second floor
My "loft" on the 2 1/2 floor (half way up the stair case to the third floor bedrooms)
The roof top deck off of Joanna's bedroom:
The bathroom Kari and I shared in the master bedroom. Yes it's open to the rest of the room.

Once we figured out that most of the musical artists we wanted to see were later in the evening we started making plans to entertain ourselves during the day in some of the neighboring towns. On Friday we checked out Carmel Valley, the town our rental was in. We had lunch at a place called La Rustica where they made delicious oven roasted pizzas. Then we checked out some of the home/yard decorated stores nearby.
On Saturday we went to Carmel for the day and walked around downtown. That place is so cute! I definitely have to go back because not even four hours was near enough time to see everything.
I found the cutest white leather jacket at a consignment shop that I knew I had to buy as soon as I tried it on.
You won't find anything that nice in any consignment shops around here! Today, on our way home we stopped at the outlet stores in Gilroy. I looked, but didn't find anything worth buying. Instead I just settled for lunch at Fresh Choice.

The concerts were great. I got to see all the artists I wanted to (and even some I didn't). The only drag was that every evening around 7:00 pm the fog would roll in. You could watch it creep closer on the horizon. Once the fog hit the temps went from pleasently warm to bitterly cold and damp within about 15 minutes. It was unreal. The first night we just about died because we were all wearing shorts, but by the next night we were prepared with multiple layers of clothes and blankets packed in our backpacks.
Daytime:
Nighttime:
The last night I wore full length jeans, fleece pants over those, t-shirt, jean jacket, long sleeve hoodie, two pairs of socks, and gloves. All of that just about made it tollerable. You're only other option was to dance like a maniac to keep warm.

We had a great time together and are already trying to make plans for a follow up trip somewhere. Maybe start with a little wine tasting trip out to the monks in Vina and then work our way up into a trip to Kari's family cabin in Sveadal (Santa Cruz mountains). Who needs the boys??

No comments: