Friday, September 18, 2009

Naaaaaaachooooooo

On Thursday Pam, our beloved and missed receptionist, had to come back to get her last paycheck so we grabbed her and went out to drinks at Canteena after work. Canteena is owned by Chris, who owned Meehos back in the day when it was good. He serves a lot of the old food there too, including his ultimate nachos.
Not quite large enough for a full meal or to share, but makes a great "light" snack.

I didn't have to work today because I worked last night until 9:00 pm so I spent the morning running errands and getting my grocery shopping out of the way. I went downtown and ordered a cake from Upper Crust for a co-workers bridal shower this week and strolled around visiting some neighboring shops. At Zucchini and Vine I found these little treasures on clearance and couldn't pass them up.
Probably not as good as Rick's, but I'm sure they'll do. While downtown I also did a little birthday shopping for a certain somebody who's birthday is coming up next month. Since I didn't have enough change to keep the parking meter running long enough to have lunch downtown I came home and whipped up this little treat.
Nacho cheese sauce on top of my hot dogs. I had them like this once at Zot's Hot Dog's in the Garden Walk downtown. My homemade version wasn't bad, I even spread a little brown mustard on the bread first.

I've got a Pampered Chef party to go to tonight up in Magalia for one of the gals who works at the Paradise garbage company. I've got my shopping list already written down so hopefully I don't go crazy, but I also have a weakness when I see the stuff in person. Must be strong....

No comments: