Monday, May 16, 2011

Beer and brownies

For my Sunday baking extravaganza this weekend I decided to make beer brownies after having the ones our neighbors made last weekend for the home brew awards ceremony. I talked Chris out of his last bottle of coffee stout to put in my brownies. They turned out really good, not as sweet as normal brownies, but with a really yummy stout aroma.
I took most of them to work today, but I did manage to save a few for us. Delicious topped with some coffee ice cream.

I had a special surprise waiting for me on the front porch when I got home today - new Born shoes I'd ordered from QVC last week.
I'm glad to have a colored pair of shoes that fit over my stocking. And since I have more turquoise in my wardrobe than any other color, it was the choice shoe color. Go ahead, be jealous.

No comments: