Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday excursions

Since I decided to spend my Friday off farting around downtown Chico, I had to get up early this morning and tackle my grocery shopping. Seeing as how I was already out and about at such an early hour I decided to stop at the farmer's market on my way to CholoMaxx. I scored on some lemon cucumbers for the boy and a couple of gluten free baked goodies for myself. As I was leaving downtown, I remembered an article I read in the News & Review yesterday about the Natural Foods store and the gluten free sandwiches and salads they make so I swung by there too and was so surprised to find such an extensive inventory of gluten free items. And better prices than S&S! I brought home a gluten free basil egg salad sandwich and some potato salad (with lemon vinaigrette instead of mayo) for lunch.
Good, but if given a choice, I'd choose a salmon salad from T-Bar instead. As a treat for later though, I also bought a container of Chico Chai rice pudding made with local Lundberg rice. I already snuck a bite and it was delicious!

After lunch the Canadian and I rolled over to the movie theater and took in a showing of This is the End, the Seth Rogen apocalypse movie.
It's been out for a while so we obviously weren't battling the crowds for a seat. Unfortunately, because of all the surprisingly positive reviews, we were expecting the movie to be funnier. It had it's moments, but I definitely laughed more when I watched Borat. And the worst part was that they played Backstreet Boys "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" at the end of the movie and now that's all we've been singing all afternoon. Curses!!!

Everybody, yeah
Rock your body, yeah
Everybody, yeah
Rock your body right
Backstreet's back, alright

There, now you can suffer in our misery, too.
T

No comments: