Thursday, June 13, 2013

Treat week

I had a busy social schedule this week with bunko, a birthday party, and a dinner date. On Wednesday, instead of our usual bible study, we all went to Wine Time (with some extra co-workers too) to celebrate two birthdays.
So much fun hanging out with the ladies. Even more fun after a couple of bottles of wine! While there the Canadian texted me to let me know my new necklace had arrived in the mail.
It really brings out his eyes, no?

The Canadian and I also also took a night off from kitchen duty and went out to dinner where we had the most delicious dessert of fried tempura banana slices topped with peanut butter and chocolate and served with ice cream.
How did we live this long without this majesticness in our lives?

In other news, I got to spend some time out in the field this week. In my old position in wastewater I got to go out into the field all the time. I went on inspections and soils tests, but I only do cursory property drive-by's now in my newer planning position. We have a big, low-income, housing complex going in town and the building official asked me to come out with him for a couple of hours on Thursday to help test the fire alarms. But, by 'help test', he meant me standing in an alarm panel closet for 1 1/2 hrs while confirming that each of the three alarms on the 12 different apartment buildings signaled correctly.
Nothing glamorous, but it was nice getting out of the office after having to cover the building dept counter for two days while somebody was out on vacation.

Unfortunately it's my week to work Friday so I've got one more morning of government drudgery awaiting me this week before I jump head first into the weekend where we've got a dinner date up in Magalia with two other couples from beer club. Should be fun!

No comments: