Thursday, December 4, 2008

B.S. Night

Thursday is B.S. (bible study) night for me. It was my week to host so I had the crew of four other ladies over for dinner and a little yakking about J.C. I had a conference in Chico today that got over at 3:00 pm so I was able to get dinner ready in plenty of time and there was no last minute rushing. Actually I had found a crock pot lasagna recipe in one of Mum's cookbooks that I had scribbled down to try and it came out fantastic. When I got home all I had to do was put the salad together and make some Zella bread. I used Mom's free Marie Callendar's pie coupon for our dessert. I picked out a double cream lemon pie. Yum yum.

The excitement of the evening wasn't my lasagna or magical pie, but rather the 'rents hand-me-down table. Everyone was in love with it and fascinated by the expandable leafs. Then everyone wanted to sit in my chair because it was one of two at the table that were the 'rents, too. They have a padded cushion and a curved back and they thought it was so comfortable and have requested that the 'rents give us their other four.

Speaking of the 'rents, apparently we're going to Burger Hut for dinner with them tomorrow. They had asked us a week or two ago where a good burger place was and that was the best we could think of in Chico. Paradise actually has the best places (Barney's & Izzy's), but anyway I guess they have a hankering for a meaty flesh on a bun and good company.

As a total surprise, the 'rents bought us a year subscription to Netflix. It's the basic service of one movie at a time and only two a month, but in combination with how often we go to the movie theater it's perfect. We still have four movies left to watch from our free trial and then we can start ordering from our subscription. I think we're in line for Wall-E and Hancock. After that I think we're all out of ideas.

You know who called and left me a message yesterday?? Zella. Besides her telling me numerous times that she still loves me and misses me she said that at the end of the year they're closing the restaurant. They're going out of business. No other info as to what's going to happen now since they sold off the majority of their catering stuff, but I'm definitely going to call her back and find out. Yowzers!

No comments: