Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crockpot Lasagna

I have beautiful nails once again!! Thank you, Jesus. It's only one layer of clear gel, but I go back next week to have the second layer put on and the french tips (just like I've worn for years). I was wearing a colored tan gel which has to be drilled completely off before I can go back to clear hence why I was sporting crazy natural nails for a couple weeks. While I was getting my nails done my lady told me she was having a candlelite party this weekend so of course I had to put in an order for a couple of candles. I love that brand for tealights.

By the time I got home yesterday from nails and had lunch it was fast approaching 3 pm which is not a good time to try and get across town to go to CholoMaxx. Instead I went to Trader Joe's and just winged it. No list, just grabbed what looked good for dinners this coming week. Found some california sushi rolls, frozen salmon rounds stuffed with crab, black bean and cheese taquitos, some little pasta purses filled with prosciutto and chicken potstickers (Chris makes some crazy, wicked good sauce to dip them in). Not too bad. We went to B&N last night so afterwards I dragged Chris with me to CholoMaxx to pick up a couple of staples (the normal stuff you can't get at Traders) and finished up at Safeway this morning.

Yesterday Chris made plans with his friend, Justin, who is building a new house downtown to go out to Chris' work in Orland and cut some scrap metal they had for Justin to use at his new house. Since this was happening in the morning Chris had to get up before me and fend for himself for breakfast (never mind that I'd bought him a soyrizo breakfast burrito at Traders that he just had to microwave). I spent most of the morning home by myself, playing on the computer, doing laundry and running to Safeway. Right when I got home I was surprised with a visit from my twin, C. She had a bible study right down the street and decided to stop by on her way back up the hill. We had good talks and it was good to see her. Even though she's now living in town I still haven't made over to see her as often as I thought or hoped I would. I'm a sucky friend, but I think she's figured that out during the last 25 years (gasp!) and has chosen to forgive me.
Chris got home right as she was leaving so I made him take the pic of us for my Saturday picture. She's not really that much taller than me, the ground is sloped right there. Honest!

So after all that wordiness, the whole point of this post is to pass on my crockpot lasagna recipe to Wilson, but I thought Jessica might like it also. This recipe was out of one of Mum's crockpot cookbooks, but I think there's a very similar one, if not identical one in the 2009 crockpot calendar that Jessica and I have. Here it is:

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA (6-8 Servings)

1 lb ground beef, browned
4-5 cups spaghetti sauce
24 oz cottage cheese
1 egg
8-10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
2-3 cups mozzarella cheese

1. Combine the cooked ground beef and spaghetti sauce.
2. In a separate bowl combine the egg and cottage cheese.
3. In the crockpot layer half of the ground beef mixture, the dry noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
4. Cover. Cook on hight 4-5 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

It is so stupid easy and delicious. I made for one of my b.s. nights and they loved it. Stop reading this and go make it immediately!

1 comment:

Anni said...

sigh* I'm so glad I read this right AFTER my potluck! Good thing there was an awesome regular lasagna recipe in my cookbook... Thanks JESSIE!