Thursday, February 19, 2009

Emergency Operation Training

Three and a half day work weeks go really fast. I should do this more often!

Here's my photo diary for the last couple of days:

Tuesday: Um, not a lot going on. Literally worked, watched fat camp, ate some no pudge brownies and went to the gym. I meant to take a photo in my workout outfit, but completely forgot and had to settle for this gem of a photo:

Wednesday: I got my craft on. I have a new co-worker (who I actually used to work with at Butte College) who's birthday is this weekend so I crafted up a lovely little birthday card:

Tonight (Thursday): I had to stay late at work for an evening Emergency Operation Center training from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. After the fires in the summer we recruited a bunch of volunteers and tonight we swore in 41 of them and gave them the opportunity to learn about the different departments in the EOC and pick where they wanted to volunteer. As the call center supervisor I had to be there to give speeches to rotating groups of people and try to convince them to join my party posse. I seemed to have tricked quite a few of them into signing up. I got to wear a super trendy EOC vest that said Public Information on the back. Sweet. We also had to wear our badges around our necks that have our photos with our height and weight listed right next to it. Good look. If you look closely I'm in the rear right of the photo in a pink shirt and blue vest:
Since I worked extra hours I get to come in late tomorrow (around 9:30 am). I love sleeping in when Chris has to wake up early for work. Mwhahahaha!!!!

Tomorrow I have a rescheduled nail appointment. I'm au naturale right now and it is not a good look. I've got some poorly applied beige nail polish in varying thicknesses. I'm out of pratice having to paint my own nails, what can I say. Then it's off to do our grocery shopping as per usual. Maybe there'll be a sale on Boones!

No comments: