Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Holiday

I love holidays. I didn't get up this morning until 10:15 am. It was glorious. I had a couple of errands I wanted to get done today and I realized right before noon that the rain was apparently never going to let up so I just sucked it up and got my paddles ready. When I got home I had just started my lunch when I heard the rumbles of the great white beast, Chris' truck. All of the phones or computers were on the fritz at his work so he got sent home. Sent home to crash my holiday party! Not to be outdone I put the party crasher to work:


Since we were both home for the afternoon I had the brilliant idea for us to go to the eye doctor's office and pick out some frames for Chris so that we could get our new glasses ordered. But my plans were foiled by the doctor's office being closed for the holiday. What?!? Are they a government agency or something??

I made a magically delicious homemade eggplant parmesan for dinner. It was soooo good. Layers of baked, breaded eggplant with fat free mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. Yum, yum, yum. Followed up with homemade brownies and ice cream (not homemade).

Since we couldn't get our eyeglass fiasco sorted out today we're going to go back tomorrow right after work since they're supposedly open on Tuesdays until 6:00 pm.

We're watching our favorite British car show, Top Gear, right now on BBC. Afterwards I have to talk myself into going out in to the never ending rain to go put my time in at the gym. If I just watch people working out on TV that counts, right?

No comments: