Friday, February 6, 2009

San Francisco Trip

This week went pretty quick for me. Probably because I did a two day trip right in the middle of the week to San Francisco for a PG&E Workshop (I know, cRazY, wicked exciting). So here's the highlight clip from this last week:

Sunday: Of course we planted ourselves down for the Superbowl. While I said I'd be happy with whoever won, I was definitely rooting for the Cardinals by the end of the game. Better luck next year, little gippers. For our football viewing enjoyment we made our own homemade superbowl munchies. I made hot, spinach artichoke dip with pita chips and we each made our own batch of spicy buffalo wings (aka buffalo chunks since they were really cut up boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins). Mine were in a Fiber One crumb coating slathered in Frank's Hot Sauce while Chris had pre-marinated his in a special blend of magical sauces and then coated them in crushed bbq chips.

Monday: Nothing but a bunch of work and a quick trip over to Coffee's On in the morning for a cup of drinkable coffee as opposed to the pig swill they brew through a dirty gym sock in the coffee room.


Tuesday: Kari and I left work after lunch for our PG&E workshop in S.F. I drove the initial stretch as far as Vacaville where we stopped for dinner at BJ's Brewhouse. We think it's just a chain restaurant as opposed to an actually brewery. It had delicous, extemely naughty food. After dinner we continued on, just past S.F. to Burlingame, where's Kari's parents have a house. We stayed there since it was free and only about 30 minutes from where we needed to be in the morning. The best part of the evening of course being watching the silver team on fat camp get voted off.

Wednesday: Our workshop was fabulous and very helpful. I won't get into it, but it has to do with automated tracking of your building's energy usage. To make sure we didn't get back to work before they closed for the day we took an extra long potty break in Vacaville at the outlets. It's possible that a super cute red trenchcoat from the Gap outlet followed me home.

Thursday: Unfortunately I had to go back to work. Ugh. But I got to hear glorious stories about Wednesday when everybody and their gay uncle called in sick to work. There was nobody to work the building or sanitation counters and the department heads completely got their panties in a bunch. Mwhahahahahaaaaa!!! The downside of course is that now they never want to let Kari and I go to another conference together again because apparently the whole government process comes to a screeching halt when we're not there. The mentality of department heads hurts me deep down. Thursday night was my turn to host bible study. We had the kickin' chicken soup Jesscia gave me for Christmas. I served it with a side salad (lettuce, feta, strawberries, glazed walnuts and balsamic viniagrette) and bread rolls. It all came out fabulous. Mainly thanks to Chris who got home before me and had the soup started by the time I got home (which was late because there was an accident on the freeway). For dessert I made kind of like a sponge cake topped with berries and a scoop of ice cream.

Friday: We had a joint appointment at a new (to us) eye doctor in Chico during our lunch hour. I had never heard of this doctor before I called and made the appointment, but I think I chose the hottest eye doctor ever. I'm definitely going back for all my follow up appointments! In the end Chris is going to get a tick stronger glasses and the distance portion of my bifocals will be less strong which will actually be clearer for me. I found some ridiculously cute glasses, but since this is my "lenses only" year I have to pay the frames out of pocket if I choose that pair. Plus progressive lenses always cost over the maximum allowance for lenses. We're both eyeballing dark frames this time. I'll look east coast chic while Chris will be handsomely trendy, but not gay trendy. Or so we hope.
Chris had to go back to work after lunch, but I'm just hanging out at home. I had my eyes dilated so every white car is blinding me, making it impossible for me to go grocery shopping right now. That and the fact that I haven't made a shopping list yet.

No big plans for the weekend that I know of. I think Chris will be doing some last minute tuning on the race car since next Friday is our first race and I might send some photos for printing and do a little scrapbooking. You know, the usge.

No comments: