Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fancy Shoes

My favorite moment of this last week was when a little boy (4 yrs old) at work told me he liked my 'fancy shoes'. Just some black heels I was wearing. That little boy will make some girl very happy some day!

This has been my Canadian vacation week. Chris left Monday night for Macau and doesn't come back until next Monday afternoon. I had all these fabulous plans for being productive, both crafting and cleaning, but sadly not much of either of those things have happened. I mean I did sit down for a few minutes in my craft room and get a few things accomplished. I made a birthday card for a co-worker.
And I got a clock Christmas gift started for Kari.
I stole some photos from her screensaver directory on her computer at work of friends and family and sent them to the printer. I still need to decide on a background paper to apply.

As for the house I at least got my tub scrubbed, bathroom floor mopped and house sweeped and vacuumed. It's so much easier to clean house when there's nobody under foot.

I did find a little time to do a little baking, too. I made a Splenda pumpkin pie yesterday morning and just had a slice as my mid morning snack today.
It was hands down the best baked item I've made with Splenda. I can't even tell it's in it.

I don't have a lot of plans for today. I would like to roam around Costco a little bit, maybe stop at Cost Plus for some peppermint coffee and pick up a cookbook at B&N for a co-worker's birthday. I have a dinner date with the 'rents tonight at their house at 6:00 pm. Mum's making raviolis which means that she'll probably have my beloved asiago cheese bread from Safeway, too. Christmas Preview is tomorrow night downtown. I haven't decided yet if I want to go. I don't really need anything and I'm not sure it's worth the headache. I'll wait and see if Mum brings it up.

I guess if I'm really planning on leaving the house I should probably go make myself presentable.

No comments: