Friday, November 6, 2009

Little Porch of Horrors

First I cursed the little devils that stole my Halloween pumpkin, but now I wish they'd taken both of them because Chris' has turned into a Club Med for fruit flies.It is sooooo disgusting (hint, hint to the hubby if he's reading this) and right in our path to the front door. As soon as you get close to it the flies disburse and then come back to continue nibbling on the apparent maple syrup flavor pumpkin. Gag.

As far as non-repulsive news, I received my new New Balance shoes in the mail Monday from the Canadian's friend, Craig (the one going to Macau with him). I just give some suggestions as to which shoes I like, but he has the final pick and it's always a surprise. This time I got pink booby shoes:
See, the inside foot bed is all breast cancer ribbons. And they're on the tongue of the shoe and on the heel. Fuchsia and silver rock. My last ones were blue and silver, but these are better! Ka-pow!

This week is the sustainability conference at Chico State. It's Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Kari and I sweet talked our way into getting to go again and it's been great so far. I mean, there's a couple of keynote speakers that I literally am trying not to fall asleep during, but some of the concurrent classes have been really informative and interesting. I'm actually going to be speaking at a class tomorrow with the Mayor of Chico. Our vice mayor, my nemesis, was supposed to be there, but he had some family emergency and pitched it to me late Wednesday afternoon. Completely too late to put together a power point presentation or really get a chance to meet with Ann, the Chico mayor. But at least I'm talking about the stuff I did at the town the last year for sustainability purposes so it's stuff I know. So after Chico talks about what 'green' things they've done I'm going to get up and blow their little minds. Or bore them to death, I'm not sure yet.

As a parting thought, I want to leave you with this picture:
Really...?!? Who leaves two and a half crackers and crumbs in the box and puts it back in the cupboard? Here's a hint, it wasn't me. Discuss amongst yourselves...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! That pumpkin is gross! I guess it would help if you lived in a place that actually had frigid temps in the fall. Fruit flys are not a problem here. And those shoes are cool...a little bright, but cool. Reminds me that I need a new pair. I'm about to hit 300 mi on the treadmill.

Anni said...

Oh, that's cool. I think I'm about to hit 300 miles in Mario Kart...

Chris said...

That is EXACTLY the moment when you said "stop eating those crackers, you'll ruin your appetite for dinner."

you know, the night my dinner wasn't ready when I got home...