Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hurray for Holidays

Days off for holidays are righteous. Days off that Chris doesn't get are priceless. Mwhahahahaaa!! Not having any plans for today I invited myself along to a site visit Chris had to do in Pleasant Grove (between here and Sacramento). It was the same contractor who'd done the septic system at the hospital so they knew me.
Yeah, I'm working that hardhat.
Four hours in the truck, that's about all I've got to show for my day off. Very productive, I know.

Other than that, other big news of the week is that I finally got my replacement sourdough loaf from my baking class back in June. That would be to replace the loaf I left on the roof of my car as I roared down Pentz Rd. Sherry, my co-worker, had taught another class over the weekend and brought me in an extra loaf.
It was so tasty (not that we're done with it yet). Slightly warmed with butter. Mmmm....

Let's see....we went out to lunch/dinner with the 'rents on Sunday for their 23rd anniversary. We went to Sierra Nevada at their request. Since I'm never very impressed with their food it's always an adventure to pick something off of the menu. This time I chose the chicken thai pizza.
The chicken was marinated in a peanut sauce, there were julienned zucchini, squash and carrots and everything was covered in a sweet chili sauce. It was actually really good. I've had the best luck with their pizzas. They have a mediterranian one that is tasty, too.

I got back to my craft room this week and finished up a couple of more pages. One for the baking class and one for Wilson's 21st birthday. Spirit West Coast goes in between those, but I didn't print the photos yet.


Tonight's bible study night and even though it's a holiday, we're still getting together up at Kari's. She's making us pesto chicken, an apple walnut salad and a crustless pumpkin pie for dessert. But the Canadian's being well cared for too, I through a couple of pounds of beef ribs with bbq sauce in the crock pot this morning and I've got some Marie Callendar's cornbread muffins in the oven and some Busch's baked beans on the stove. He'll be just fine.

No comments: