Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy beavers

For some strange reason we had the inclination to actually get something done today. I spent time this morning downtown shopping at Bird in Hand for a birthday gift for Andrew next weekend. I found a backyard bug kit that he'll love. Boys and bugs, the perfect combo. I also swung by Peet's and refilled our french press coffee supply and picked up a sandwich from Upper Crust to share for lunch and snagged the last coconut cream scone for breakfast tomorrow. Score! When I got home I found Chris up on the roof installing new roof vents for the garage/summer sauna.
He's been talking about it for months, but today was the day. After safely descending from the roof, and relocating a ginormous frog out of the garage,
we went in and had the ham and swiss sammie from Upper Crust with a fruit salad.
After lunch the Canadian declared that we were going to make a run to ARC to get rid of some extra stuff around the house, both of our and the 'rents.
After putting away our nice little tax write-off form, we went inside to see if there was any treasures we couldn't live without. I was of course drawn to the tube top that said 'Paradise' on it.
New work uniform perhaps?? I settled on a gray sheath dress and a brown and bronze zip-up short sleeve hoodie. All for a tidy sum of $7.04. If only New York and Company was so cheap...

No comments: