Sunday, May 2, 2010

Here comes the bride

Today was my old friend Dawn's bridal shower conveniently down the street off of Bruce Rd. I haven't seen Dawn since we were all together for Poppy's bridal shower. Apparently bridal showers bring the old group back together. A friend of Dawn's hosted the party at her house with the help of Dawn's youngest sister. It was full of treats, games and gifts. Too much fun!
Dawn opening my gift.
What's a party without see-through chonies from Sarah?
After gifts we played some games including Memory.
Two minutes to remember everything on the tray. Out of 20 some odd items I remembered 16 things which was enough for second place and no winning gift. Bah!
Dawn's sister, Dayna, made the cake which was shaped like a pillow with a tiara on it. There was a princess theme to the party.
Then we spent hours catching up.
Since Poppy, Sarah and I spent another hour standing out by our cars talking after the party we decided we really needed to make a lunch date in the near future. I miss my girls.

This morning after church and before the party, Chris and I spent some time out in the front yard pulling weeds and mowing the lawn.
Our new friend, Mr. Slimy,
As long as he doesn't venture into the walkway we should be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.