Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Celebrating my heritage

With tonight being both my turn to host b.s. and Cinco de Mayo, I decided to throw a little Mexican fare together for dinner to honor Mom's people. When it's my turn for b.s. I always leave about 30 minutes early from work to get a chance to put the meal together before everyone else arrives at 5:30 pm. But today I ended up spending some of my extra time trying to track down our freshly emptied garbage can that had blown to the far reaches of the earth.
Our lid was right in front of the hydrant, but look across the street behind the green recycling can. That's our brown trash can on it's side in somebody else's yard. That's how far it blew away.

For dinner tonight I served fish tacos (baked fish tenders in corn tortillas with cabbage and a taco sour cream sauce), chips and guac, and jicama slaw (cabbage, jicama, mandarin oranges in a creamy, tangy sauce)
And what fiesta is complete without margaritas and a tres leches cake?
Good study and good grub. It was my last evening of freedom as the Canadian came back home tonight around 9:00 pm. He's been in Oregon for poop training for the last couple of days leaving me to enjoy an entire queen bed to myself. It's been glorious! But now the bed crasher is back. Party off.

2 comments:

Anni said...

Ugh. Mom would be appalled that you're celebrating her culture with some french cuisine like trey le-shay.

Chris said...

mmmmmmmmm, it was so yummy!