Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home Improvements

After some serious discussion this weekend regarding the lack of storage space in both my craft room and Chris' beer cave, Chris sprung into action and built me some new storage shelves in my craft room closet. One side already had floor to ceiling shelving, but the other side was a standard pole and shelf setup which I wasn't using so he removed the pole and built some sturdy wood shelves.
Now I can discreetly stack the piles of scrapbooking kits I currently have stacked on the floor. I might actually be able to see the floor again! The best part is that my craft room now smells like fresh wood. So outdoorsy.

Because I had a church singing team party this evening, I didn't have a lot of time this afternoon to bake fancy treats for work. So instead, I pulled out my Pillsbury cookie book and looked for a recipe I already had all the ingredients for and found some tried and true oatmeal cookies. I didn't have any raisins so I substituted cranberries instead. An improvement really since raisins are the devil's treat.
Next weekend, when I have more time, I'll do something a little fancier. But now I've got everybody trained that I bring treats on Monday so I can't let them down!

No comments: