Thursday, August 23, 2012

Classes & Crashes

I had another all-day planning class today in Sacramento to learn about vested rights, vesting maps and development agreements. I know, a class everybody wishes they could take too.
And while I really did enjoy my class, I did not enjoy getting rear-ended on the freeway on my way into Sacramento. Thankfully it was in a work vehicle so I don't have to worry about dealing with my insurance, but what a way to start the morning! It was one of those stop-and-go traffic things where the gal behind me couldn't stop in time. She was super nice, and sorry, and I felt really bad for all the damage that it did her little sedan verses the few scrapes and paint marks my bumper took.
It did make me paranoid driving home though that everybody was going to drive into me. And no trip to Sacramento is complete without a stop at the gluten-free market down the street from my school and today's trip did not disappoint. Gluten free thin mint cookies, need I say more?

And finally, I got a copy of our softball team photo taken on our last game.
Who's that devilish little midget in the front left? And no, the preggers gal did not play, she was our coach! And while we only won 2 out of 10 games, we were definitely the hottest team which in the long run is really more important to me. Nobody will remember our record, but our photo will live forever.

The boy's over at the coast tonight for work so I've got the pad all to myself! And what do I do with my new found freedom? Um, watch Extra and make a shopping list. Yes, I'm as pathetic as I sound.

No comments: