Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Busy beaver

Though my week has been very busy, it's been a good busy full of things I enjoy. First my sister Wilson came and stayed with us for the weekend for her third, and final, wedding of the month. While here, she completely annihilated us in a "friendly" game of Scrabble. Guess who's who.
While she was here I also picked up a bottle of my new favorite wine, Honeyrun Honey Wine.
It's like a classier Boone's Strawberry Hill wine (the stuff we had at our wedding). It's honey wine flavored with different fruits. I got blackberry, but at a recent wine tasting I tried their cranberry, elderberry, and some other berry I've since forgot. Love them all. They're sweet wines so definitely not everybody's cup of tea. I shoved it in Wilson's face until she agreed to take a sip.

Monday night I had a double header softball game. One at 6:30 pm and the second at 9:00 pm. As is our style, we got our asses kicked both games. First was 4-17, second was 5-23. And best of all was taking a line drive to my shin while playing 3rd. There was a group sucking in of air when it hit me followed by everyone asking if I was okay. Besides a giant lump on my shin, I think I'm going to live, but boy howdy it aches every time I walk.

Tuesday night I went to dinner at T-Bar and to the movies to see Spiderman in 3D with Sarah and David.
It was a lot better than I thought it would be (the movie, not hanging out with my friends). The Canadian stayed home since Spidey wasn't really on his must-watch list. But we did makes plans to go to Batman next Tuesday night which the boy will join us for. I forgot how much fun I have with those two.

Tonight was bible study here and since I didn't have any spare nights to prep fancy food I stopped at Left Coast for a gluten free pizza which turned out to be a foolish decision since a 30 minute order time turned into 50 minutes. Nothing like yelling the "F" bomb out of frustration of being late right before bible study. And even though I was late to my own shindig, I still beat everybody else so no harm no foul.

My co-worker just got back from a week in Hawaii and brought some yummy treats to share with the office.
Macadamia nut Hershey kisses. The only thing that would have made these better would have been if they were dark chocolate instead of the inferior milk chocolate, but beggars can't be choosers. And you didn't hear me complaining while I shoved handfuls down my gullet.

Other news? We made a new friend of the four legged variety. Her name is Sambo (after the children's story Little Black Sambo) because she's black.
She found us on one our evening walks about a week ago and follow us almost a mile back home. She was gone the next morning, but came back that night and the next night. And Sunday morning the Canadian went out to get my newspaper and was surprised by Sambo who was hanging out underneath my car. We haven't seen her since, but we also didn't go out for a walk Monday or Tuesday night so I'm kind of expecting to run into her again tonight. And against my better judgement, and general dislike of cats, I bought a small bag of kibble to share with her should she show back up. Apparently I'm getting soft in my old age and I don't like it one bit!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Who knew your sister would make such a lovely house guest?