Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Blowout

I may be 32, but I don't look a day over 39. Wait, is that how that goes?? Since it was my day I got to call all the shots starting with breakfast at The Golden Waffle after opening my gift from Jessica that has been taunting me for days.
After a huge birthday breakfast we headed up the hill to bring little Connor his birthday present for his 2nd birthday party. At first Connor hid from Uncle Chris, but Andrew was excited to see him.
If Andrew was okay with Uncle Chris then Connor figured he must be okay and invited him to play race cars with him.
After a little persuasion we convinced Connor to come out and open his present.
It was a car race book that teaches Connor colors. Andrew and Connor gave us their best race car impersonations. They're pretty good! After presents were opened, Andrew taught Uncle Chris how to play Mario Cart on the Wii while Susan and I chatted and made the train cake in the kitchen.
Andrew handed Uncle Chris an ass whoppin' the first couple of games, but eventually Chris got a handle on how the game worked and turned the tides.
Back in the kitchen, Susan was trying to piece together a Thomas the Train cake from scratch.
Chris and Connor were helping out the best way boys know how, by playing in the frosting.
We finally had to say goodbye around 2:00 pm so that we could get back to Chico and grab the 'rents for our 3:00 lunch/dinner date at The Bear.
Back in Chico we grabbed the 'rents and headed over to The Bear where I've been waiting to try the Jiffy Burger, a burger with peanut butter, mayo, bacon and jack cheese.
And the verdict is....
Oddly tasty! I tried to offer Chris some, but he wanted to stay pure for his basket o' hot wings.
The 'rents had the California Peep sandwich which is a chicken breast sandwich with avocado. They both enjoyed it and like the decor of The Bear (Applebees on steroids). After dinner we rolled ourselves down a couple of blocks to Jon & Bon's where we had some frozen yogurt. Mum wanted to take us out to ice cream, but that was after I inadvertently crapped all over Shuberts when she asked about it not realizing that she wanted to take us there. Doh! But Chris recovered nicely by remembering Jon & Bon's. We shared a Cafe Mocha and Cookies and Cream yogurt cup. Back at their house I opened my gift which was a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a beaded scarf all from Chico's (clothing store in the old Men's Warehouse). They're really pretty and in shades of gray which will go great with the four black and gray dresses I now own.

When we got home we were both so tired and full that we crashed on the couch. I took a nice little nap while the Canadian watched the 17th showing of some Bond movie. Around 8:00 pm we peeled ourselves off the couch and went for a walk through a neighborhood a few streets down where they were all decorated for Halloween.
The Rolling Bones.
I'm so jealous. I want a yard full of tacky Halloween decorations, too!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry, but I just can't get over all the photos of people running around in shorts and t-shirts! Chico must not be having 50 degree highs with 20 degree lows like good ol' Yakima.

Susana & Chris said...

70s in the day, 50s at night. No complaints here!