Saturday, October 24, 2009

Poop Class

Friday I accompanied Chris to two job sites, one by Mt. Shasta City and one outside of Redding. The one outside of Redding, in Happy Valley, was at an elementary school. We got there in the middle of their school day so there was a group of kids out for recess while we were checking on their septic system.
"What are you doing?"
"We're checking the system"
"What system?"
"The system where all your poop goes"
"Eeewwwww" (Yet nobody could tear themselves away from the fence)

We had met a local Chico company out there who was actually servicing the system and they agreed, they had never had such a captive audience before. It was the most interesting thing they'd ever seen. They'll be able to trace their prolific careers in wastewater back to this one defining moment.

When we got home I got busy in my craft room to make a birthday card for a co-worker who's birthday is Monday, like Chris'.
I used my new birthday stamps, from Jessica. On the company's website they made mention that these stamps coordinated with the large Fiscars punches, so I picked up the star punch last weekend at Joann's. Perfect cut!

Today was our Fall Festival at church. I had volunteered to help so I was there from 2-5pm manning the ring toss in the kiddie pool.
It you got a ring around one of the floating plastic ducks you got to pick out a stylish rubber duckie as your prize.
Most of the kids were dressed up in costumes and were fairly on the young side.
My friend Katherine was working too, and also wore her finest Halloween shirt.
As a special treat, Chris cooked dinner tonight when I got home. He's been wanting to make some chicken and dumplings so that's exactly what he whipped up.
It was so stinking delicious and he did it all freehand. Unbelievable. Even when I follow recipes it doesn't end up this good. Thankfully there were lots of leftovers so we'll be munching on it again this week. Lucky me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

cooking freehand!? What's that?

Susana & Chris said...

Oh you know, people who don't take the sport of cooking seriously. They think it sooooo easy, and by some random act of luck, they make something decent and then want a day dedicated in their honor. I hate people like that...